Thursday, February 18, 2010

WTF?


By the time we stopped for BBQ for lunch in Alabama, the snow was coming down steady and strong. We couldn't believe it! After lunch we decided to push on, still thinking that we would make it to Kissimmi that night. However, the snow only got worse and the driving conditions were terrible. Visibility was next to nothing. Every mile or so we would see another car skidded off the road. We were one of the few cars that remained on the 2 lane highway and were going about 30 mph in a single line trying to stay in the tire tracks of the car in front of us. I was terrified and began to panic. There was no place for us to stop and rest so Ben just drove slow and steady while I tried to rid my mind of the recurring thought that we were all going to die and when they did an autopsy they would find nothing but BBQ in all of our tummies. Meanwhile, Dexter was perfect. I can't imagine what that part of the ride would have been like with an unhappy baby in the car! We finally made it to the intersection of 520 and 75 where we decided to stay for the night. I was never so happy to see a Microtel in my life. When I told Ben about the thoughts I was having while panicking through the worst of it, he replied logically, "Why would they do an autopsy?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this may be one of the greatest photos of you two dudes ever.