Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Think Something Just Fell Out of My Mouth

Ben's alarm went off at 7am and I had to nudge him to hit the snooze button (it's our "sleep late" morning when we wake to Ben's alarm set for 7am, not my alarm set for 5:30am). As we both drifted back to half-sleep, we heard Dexter in the living room say in a calm, soft voice, "Hey, I think something just fell out of my mouth." Ben and I looked at each other and Ben said, "Did he just lose his tooth?" Dexter continued, "Something white.  Something sharp." Ben and I went out to find Dex standing in the living room, holding his tooth in his fingers.

After our initial excitement about him losing his "very first tooth" - he was proud and pretty chill about the whole thing - I asked him how it happened. "Well, I thought it was some food stuck in my teeth and I was trying to get it out with my teeth but I just didn't so I put my fingers in and pulled it out."

No comments: