Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Bologna's 9th Anniversary

This year, My Bologna's anniversary fell on Dexter's birthday. My Bologna also enjoyed opening his anniversary gift!Nine years ago, on the day after Thanksgiving, Ben and I went to meet this crazy-looking fuzzy dog that we found on the internet.

My Bologna (called "Rex" at the time) was outside in the yard with a bunch of other dogs that his foster mom was caring for and I spotted him right away. "That's him!" I exclaimed.
He was a nervous, skinny puppy of about one year old, scared of people in general and men in particular (probably some sort of abuse history). But he came to me immediately. Once we got him home, it took a while for him to warm up to Ben but now they are best friends. And My Bologna and Dexter also love playing together.

No comments: