Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Get-Togethers

This summer, Dex attended two work-related picnics. He and I made home-made cookies for a picnic with the students in my school program.







We were a little heavy-handed with the secret ingredient (wheat germ) so they were pretty dry but I blamed  measurement error. Dex was the only child at the gathering on the lakefront but he had a blast playing soccer and chatting with PhD students.


Ben, Dex, and I also attended my annual work picnic. The folks organizing the children's games were obviously researchers used to working with data rather than people. Dex seemed to be the only kid paying attention to the ridiculous instructions for the pinata.







After a few failed attempts to provide the little ones with complex instructions for how the pinata game was going to go, my friend Elissa stepped in and got the party started.

No comments: