Saturday, January 24, 2009

What Happened to My Smart Husband?

Parenthood takes it's toll on both parents. My formerly brilliant husband has apparently become an idiot. Two examples:

Yesterday, I asked Ben to change Dexter's diaper and he asked me if he needed to take his (Dexter's) pants off first!

This morning, after the 6:30am feeding, I told Ben (who was sleeping in bed) that I was going to get coffee and to keep an eye on Dexter who was talking to himself in his swing. Ben opened his eyes, heard Dexter fussing, and asked me (seriously), "Did you feed him?" Oh my God, I completely forgot! We got engrossed in an hour and a half discussion comparing transcendentalism and existentialism and it never occurred to me to feed him! "Of course I fed him!!!" What did he think we were doing?!

Has he lost his mind?

No comments: