Sunday, December 18, 2011

Singing the Hits

Ben, Dexter, and I went to my office holiday party where Dexter was the life of the party playing with the hosts' puppy, throwing out people's used cocktail napkins in the garbage and singing his favorite songs. When Dexter started singing, "I'm going down to Lucky Town, down to lucky town, a surprised party-goer turned to me and said in disbelief, "Is he singing Springsteen?" That's all Dexter needed. He let loose with all his favorite hits including:

"Keep on rocking in the free world." Neil Young.

"I won't back down. No I won't back down. I'll stand my ground." Dexter sings the Johnny Cash version but also likes the Tom Petty version.

"Take me down to a Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty." Guns-N-Roses.

On the way home from the party, Ben had a Muddy Waters cd in the car stereo and Dexter insisted that we listen to, "Got my mojo working," the whole way home. Before we knew it, Dexter was singing along, 'Got my mojo working, it just don't work on you."

No comments: