Sunday, June 24, 2012

20 Hours in the Car and 10 Hours in the Air

We managed to blend work and play while traveling this past week:

- Ben, Dexter, My Bologna, and I hit the long road to Mississippi after Ben's church gig last Sunday.

 - We all spent a day and a half with Grandma and Gunker during which time Dexter rode in three different types of boats.

- Ben and I visited with Ben's longstanding childhood friend, Kristi, and her husband, Trent, in Memphis where we enjoyed a leisurely dinner and easy conversation.

- Ben and I flew to Seattle where I conducted a successful 2-day site visit and spent evenings visiting Seattle friends and sites (poor Ben had to survive on vending machine burritos during the days when I was working since we were staying at a dump in a Seattle suburb).

- Dexter and My Bologna had a wonderful time with Grandma and Gunker.  We got a great report on Dexter's behavior and he was excited to tell us all about Chuck-E-Cheese, the Children's Museum, and the Memphis Zoo. We also got a great report on My Bologna who adapted well to the great outdoors and got along well with Drake.

- Ben and I flew back to Mississippi, enjoyed some good BBQ and a restful night's sleep then we drove back to Chicago in time for Ben to make his church gig this Sunday!

No comments: